Things I did over christmas which I now regret,
1. Ate my weight in jelly tots ( oh how i love them )
2. Ate my husbands weight in Pringles .
3. Ate my 4 childrens combined weight in cheese .
4. Abandoned the housework.
5. Gave Santa permission to bring husband and stepson paintball guns.!!!!!!!
6. Leaving forty freshly decorated gingerbread biscuits on table for dog to demolish
Things I loved about my christmas
1. Being in the house with my lovely family and NO agenda
2. Watching christmas films ( the family stone - I love it )
3 Frosty/snowy/sunny dog walks
4. Candles and fairy lights
My favourite pressies
1. I had one of these
2.I had some,
3.I had 4 of these;
4. Lots of things from these people;
I was a very lucky girl , not to mention some of the lovely swaps I received - thank you to the lovely kelly who sent me lots of beautiful christmassy things and had obviously noted my love of polka dots - I will endeavour to blog about these soon .
Creatively, following an extremely manic December it has been very quiet and I find myself suffering a slight crisis in confidence - trying new things but not liking them and lacking the patience to keep trying , getting very frustrated with myself and ending up trawling through ETSY torturing myself with how talented others are - does this sound a little weird???? I can't seem to get focussed or decide on what direction I want to take - I think I may need to spend some time with paper and pen just jotting ideas etc to try and regain enthusiasm and focus. I know I love sewing and working with felt and I get ridiculously excited about buttons but I feel that I am a jack of trades all but master of none - boo hoo . Any ideas or advice from you crafty lot would be highly appreciated .
My resolution this year was not to make promises to myself or others that I cant keep - with that in mind my aims for this year are to
1. Learn to use a sewing machine
2. Make something for my own children
3.Try and complete 3 jobs that need doing in the house every week .
4. Walk much faster when I take the dog out - I dawdle everywhere - its a skill !!!!!
5.Invite my lovely friends around more and bake them a cake .
6. To blog twice a week